Thursday, May 10, 2007

Potpourri

I was asked to show my felted bags, so here they are. These are knitted on large needles with wool yarns and then washed in HOT water in the machine until they "felt", or shrink down so you can't see stitches anymore...just smooth like felt. They were great fun to make, but knitting is not really for me anymore....my time is better spent dyeing and sewing.
We have a small group that gets together when possible to work on projects. A few times we made gorgeous masks for my daughter's wedding and masquerade ball last Halloween at Disney World. I'll have to see if I have some pictures of those and post them. Anyway...we met one day to make handbags of leather. This was mine, based on a bag I bought in Santa Fe. I need lots of practice with sewing on leather...there's a lot I don't know about the methods.


This summer I hope to finish a bunch of UFO's (unfinished projects). This quilt top is pieced of a single length of Melody Johnson's beautiful dyed fabric that I sliced up, pieced together, sliced up again and pieced again. I just have to decide how to quilt it.


And this little piece I hope to hand quilt (I NEVER say that anymore!) The little squares are Derba Lunn's airbrushed fabrics that I bought in Houston one year. I love the squares and the memories they invoke. I love fabulous fabrics, and Melody http://www.wowmelody.com/index.html and Debra www.lunnfabrics.com are two of my favorites...along with Jane Dunnewold www.artclothstudios.com , Elin Noble www.elinnoble.com and Mickey Lawler www.skydyes.com Enjoy!
Marcia



No comments: