Monday, June 11, 2007

Weather Permitting...

Our weekend weather was not especially conducive to dyeing fabric...so I cleaned, shopped and did busy work around the house (about time!) I did play a little with the above...it came from one 1/2 yard piece of fabric in which I used 3 or 4 dyes with the green at one end and the orange at the other, with sun yellow and mustard in-between. So two colors you wouldn't necessarily put together flow nicely into each other. I want to start making some pillows, using our bias binding in different ways.
We had about 2 hours on Sunday with a bit of sun, so I quick dyed some pieces for my friend Teri who teaches classes all over the world....she's off to England soon. I hope these work for her.
Marcia


1 comment:

Eileen said...

The colors are so luscious, Marcia! Teri's a great teacher, and lucky to have a personal fabric dyer (G)