Friday, September 7, 2007

Some Final Dyeing Days

The weather here this week is fabulous...and conducive to some fabric dyeing. I want to have a stash for the winter....so I will do as much as possible these next two weeks. Above are two pieces of the linen-rayon. I was hoping the piece on the right would be darker in the black areas, since I wear a lot of black and want to make some tops and jackets, but it looks good next to my black pants, so it's a go.

This is one of the $5 Hot Cotton shirts I got on ebay from Loehmanns in a closeout. They dye beautifully (after a synthrapol wash to remove any residue).


This weekend the Village is having an American Music Festival....25 bands, playing all kinds of music, over 3 days in different venues around downtown. Since I live down in the Village, we will be hearing the music all weekend. We will go to see some....tonight is Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge...one of my favorite groups when I was in College....our friends and we will be singing up a storm. And it looks like the weather will be wonderful....even if a bit brisk after dark, I dare say the wine and singing will keep us warm. :)


Marcia


No comments: