Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Red Sausalito Tunic

I'm glad to be back to my sewing this week....I had this tunic cut out a couple weeks ago, so I picked it up to sew it last night. The front is cut on the bias, and therefore drapes beautifully. This pattern is from The Sewing Workshop, and shows unlined and lined versions. Mine is made from raw silk that I dyed over the rack...this fabric is a dream to sew.

The back is cut on the straight of the grain...I may try another version (which is in my head, not in the pattern) with a slightly longer back to suit my fitting needs.


And the sleeves can be left full length or tacked up into a cuff...which looks really cute. My only issue with the pattern is how they finished the front neckline. Since the inside hem shows when it drapes, I want it totally finished...they say serge the edge and then fold over and top-stitch....so you would see the serged edge. That doesn't work for me...so I folded it over twice and top-stitched.
Marcia
PS...Nancy just reminded me that The Sewing Workshop doesn't carry this anymore...we bought it from another website (bullarddesigns.com)....Sausalito Top.

No comments: