Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last Days Of Dyeing


This week the temperature will be in the 70's, so I will have a chance to get some more fabric done...but the days are few. I have to work next week so I won't be able to count on those days. These three pieces of linen/rayon will go on the pile of winter projects. I'll be going to the Houston Quilt Show in November, so I want a couple new jackets to wear there...and this fabric is a good weight for that.


Since I loved dyeing the girls dresses this Spring, I decided to try some adult sizes for next Summer. They'll be perfect over a bathing suit or just as a sundress.




For those of you who like wearable art, my friend Priscilla Kibbee is teaching a 3-day jacket class this week in the brand-new DeCamp Studio in Palmyra, NY. I thought you might like to see some pics....most of the students are incorporating the beautiful pieces Priscilla brings back from her exotic travels to places like Panama, Nepal, India, Guatamala etc. Take a look.




Marcia



No comments: