Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dyeing Day IV

I'm exhausted! But I can't afford to let a beautiful day go by, so I dyed again today. The dyeing is the easy part...the multiple washings, drying and ironing....my legs are crying!!! But boy do I sleep at night.


I dyed many pieces of silk broadcloth...this was the only one ready to be photographed.








Since I was watching American Idol and Dancing tonight, I decided to finish a bag I had started. The pattern is from Linda Lee at The Sewing Workshop. This pattern is genius (but challenging) in it's construction...but then many of her patterns are. I made it with my dyed canvas that I discharged with a bleach pen.


Marcia











1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

I can so relate to the legs part. Beautiful fabric is worth the effort it takes to achieve.
Mel