Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dyeing Day II








The weather was again great today....so I spent 5 hours dyeing...managed to do 60 fat quarters and 25 one-half yard pieces. The 1/2 yarders are pictured above. Tomorrow, Nancy and I will be dyeing together, and I do plan to get the larger pieces started...we do them over a rack, which gives us great flow and mixture of colors. We are also planning a day of discharging fabric with paste, bleach and thiox....so much to do...only two weeks to go to Somers.
In a future post I will show how I do the fat quarters in the sheet metal pan my brother made for me....actually he made me three...fat 1/4, 1/2, and 1 yard. I originally used them to marble fabric...now I LOVE them for dyeing....having them made me experiment and I love the results.
Marcia

3 comments:

Priscilla Kibbee said...

I am so glad you decided to do a blog. Love the photos. Priscilla Kibbee

Melody Johnson said...

Yay Marcia!!! We all await the pattern for your wonderful jacket.
I will be reading your blog faithfully,
Melody

Marcia said...

Congratulations on getting your blog going! I LOVE your shirts and jackets!!