Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Bag

A couple years I bought a box of scraps from Doshi...aren't they the most beautiful scraps! Nancy and I are going to NYC on Saturday to the Atelier show and I had the idea to make a bag to carry in that would be in keeping with the spirit of the show...just an excuse to play with some of the scraps. I had made the front panel piece a year ago so I built around that...click to see it better.
http://www.atelierdesigners.com/go/_showinfo2.cfm


The fabric is all silk/linen and is lined in the same...it sews beautifully. I cut the lining piece and ironed on lightweight interfacing for some body...then built the outside on that with sew and turn....then quilted it to hold in place, and bound the edges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Kim said...

I love this! Is there a source for a pattern? I would love to make my own! It's just great!