Monday, April 14, 2008

Fabulous Class...Doshi !

Pro Chem in Massachusetts (http://www.prochemical.com/workshops.htm ) hosts some of the best classes I've taken...and this past weekend was a real highlight! Doshi ( http://www.doshifiberart.com/index.htm ) came from So. California to teach 14 of us the magic of shibori with acid dyes on silk and silk blends. I am so in awe of the beautiful fabric that we all created...below are some of the results. I can't remember who did what on all of them....so just enjoy the eye candy. The first picture is the last couple pieces I did...the richness of the colors is amazing.


















Next piece done by Doshi.




Doshi and Nancy hamming it up!










Scarf done by Brigid who came from Durham, No. Carolina.



This piece was done by the only gentleman in the group, Barry, who with his wife Linda came from Iowa.



Detail of Barry's piece.











Doshi demonstrating using a syringe with dye.



Linda using the tool to help tie those tiny knots in the fabric that produce such beautiful designs...kumo knots, I believe they are called. Barry's piece had many.


I hope to post some more pictures later today....mostly Doshi's beautiful clothing samples. But if I don't get to it I'll do it next week. I'm off to Orlando tomorrow to prepare for Keri's baby shower Sunday....it's getting so close!
Marcia














No comments: