Saturday, November 15, 2008

Liberty Shirt


I love The Sewing Workshop patterns...so when I saw this new one I had to try it. I love how these patterns go together, and the designs are just a bit different, so the finished garment can go either way. This one is great...except that I will make it an inch or two longer next time.


I used my favorite fabric...the linen/rayon (from Dharma trading)... that I had dyed over the pole last summer. It sews and washes like a dream.


I asked Terry to take my picture this morning...that's always an experience :) You can also wear this as a jacket. If you click on the picture you may be able to see the really cute buttons that I bought from Priscilla Kibbee. She sells all kinds of buttons that she collects on her travels around the world. And finding the right buttons is the hardest part of the sewing process sometimes.

This is a picture of the pattern from The Sewing Workshop....all sizes in one envelope.
Marcia



No comments: