Monday, June 7, 2010

INSPIRATION....Lilly Pulitzer

When I first saw Lilly Pulitzer fabric it was in clothes that were for sale in Country Club Golf shops....my husband being in that business. I couldn't afford the clothes so when I went into a Lilly store in Southampton one day and saw rolls of the fabric on the walls I was so excited and had to buy some. The price of the fabric made it a small purchase. Then one day they offered a package of assorted squares...BINGO! Now I had many patterns of her beautiful fabric and I made patchwork pants for my then 4 and 2 year old daughters.

Someone else has taken over the fabric but the spirit of the original prints and colors is still there.


So this bag is inspired by Lilly Pulitzer...I have loved this fabric almost as long as I have been married...40 years!


I need to make some accessories for this....each a different print.....hmmm.

No comments: